Monday, January 11, 2010

The Last Death, a new hope begins

Whats the point of being a hopeless romantic?
That whole lot is just rubbish!
I was a hopeless romantic and see what it has lead me to.

So-called dreams. My desire for something is in conflict with what the Lord wants from me.
My so-called "love poems" are just there to potray my utter selfishness. Listening to Taylor Swift also distorted my image of love. I'm not saying that she's bad. Just that I have allowed myself to believe this lie about being a "hopeless romantic".

I was selfish, conceited and I believed the wrong idea about this four-letter word called "LOVE". I believed in what the world said it was, what Hollywood said and sadly, Jane Austen potrayed it as. I did not believe in what God said it was.

Sigh...


Some of you might be thinking, "WHAT HAPPEN TO CARISSA MORAIS???"
Why is she being so fanatical? Why is she getting so hard-up about everything?

You know why?
IT AFFECTS ME, THATS WHY!

I did not put my faith in the Truth. I believed all these lies that the world threw on me. I let my heart be attacked by these fiery darts. I wasn't building my foundation in Christ.

The only good part about all this is that despite everything, the Lord has forgiven me. I have now chosen to follow Christ and Him alone. This morning, there was a complete commital to Him. I will do whatever it takes to be a better person, to see myself as how God sees me. To hate all sorts of evil and love and pursue the things of God.

To quote James Lim (a.k.a Pink Panther) : Now is the time!

Yes! Thats it. I have given my heart to the Lord.

I have surrendered my low self-esteem, my affections and deep liking towards this young man, my career worries, how I perceive myself, MY FEELINGS, my number one heart's desire to the Lord.

God, please take it. My life is not my own anymore.
Its in Your hands.

'And He said to them all, "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me," - Luke 9:23

Yes, Lord. I choose to follow You.

0 comments: