Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolutions...

Carissa Morais – Goals for 2010

Purpose Statement: My purpose is to share the beauty of life in my stories by touching souls through the works of my pen and paper.

GOALS:
1. Lose 4 kgs by the end of June to achieve a Body Mass Index of 20.0

2. Lead a group of youths for a stage presentation in church. (in the process)

3. By June 2010, I would have joined two clubs in college and be actively involved.

4. Publish my written works in magazines or newspapers.

5. I would have gone for two camps (outside church) this year – Writer's camp and Leadership camp.

6. Grow in my spiritual walk with God and have a heart to serve Him by first, serving my family and putting the needs of others above mine.

7. Complete Grade 7 of my music studies by the end of 2010.

8. I will discover my true self-image in Christ, as the way God sees me and not how I see myself.

9. Go all out to share my written works with others. (e.g. - Grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary poetry recital as part of my contribution )

10. Practice and perfect my baking and cooking - at least 10 items this year.

11. Change the way I talk to myself. Whenever I'm about to say a negative word to myself, I will immediately replace it with an encouraging word. (This is gonna be really hard but I'm up for it!).

"Dear Lord, please give me the grace and strength to achieve all my goals. I need Your wisdom and Your boldness in me to push harder and think smarter for the rest of the year as I embark on a whole new chapter of life. Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth so that I will speak words of encouragement to myself as well as to others. Help me be a blessing in every area You have placed me in..."

0 comments: