Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Excerpts from my quiet time

Areas in my life that I need a breakthrough in:

1. Fear.
What am I afraid of?

  • Approaching people
  • Success
  • Failure
  • Lizards
  • Hardwork
  • Not being in control
  • Gaining weight

2. Lazy-ness

  • I don't want to work hard
  • I want things to come easy
  • Fear of hardwork

The root cause of the problem: FEAR.

I used to think that being independent was easy. Now that I have reached the stage of independence being granted, I don't know if I'm ready to handle it yet. Independence comes with maturity and responsibility. Am I showing that amount of maturity and responsibility? Do I deserve independence?

What does God require of me? ( Deuteronomy 10:12 )

  1. Fear the Lord
  2. Walk in all His ways
  3. Love Him
  4. Serve Him with my heart and soul

"The LORD, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." - 1 Samuel 17:37

Who is the Goliath (Philistine) in my life?

  • My low self esteem

Behold, the Lord will deliver me from it. I just have to trust Him completely. My strength comes from the Lord, "for the battle is the Lord's".

"My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in me, whom is from God. I am not my own" - 1 Corinthians 6:19 - personalized.

0 comments: