Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mind Your Language

"Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be" - James 3:10 (KJV)

One question I countlessly ask myself: Why do people, especially Christians, love using foul language? How does that benefit them?

I was having lunch with a group of people one day (and mind you, these people claim to be CC's) and I was well, not exactly shocked but in fact, astounded by the words spoken. Okay, they weren't really vulgar and gross, but it was still curse words. Words like crap, pissed off, sweet arse, damn, and even the milder versions like dang, shoot,etc. Whats the point of using a "milder version" when it means the same??

Firstly, I do recognize that we are sinful beings and that only the Lord can change us. But if you're a new person, why stick to your old ways of speaking? you are a NEW PERSON.
I'm not trying to hit on anybody, I just want people (especially who say that they're CC's) to just watch what we say. If we say we honour God, why are bad words proceeding out of our mouth?

I'm guilty of this. In fact when I was a preteen, I knew all the bad words left, right and centre and spoke them as though they were daily words. Only in school la, but I was caught once at home and I learnt my lesson. Believe me, I did. *phew!*

I'm not trying to be preach-y also. I just want people to realise this and not put our foot in our mouths and be hypocrites.

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers" - Ephesians 4:29 (KJV)

0 comments: