Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Window

And though I cherish you, I must now offer you...

*a piece of my heart cracks, breaks slowly and then falls to the ground, leaving drops of blood on my purple shirt*

A man, dressed in white, walks over and bends down to pick up the piece of my heart on the ground and looks at me. I look back at him, my face full of tears.
"I can't do this anymore," I whisper.
The man, moved with compassion, walks towards me and places the fallen piece back into my heart. I could see tears in his eyes too. Sighing, he looks back at me.
"There," he smiles.
"I don't want this heart anymore. I can't take the pain...I just want to die," I cry harder and then fall into his embrace. He hugs me tight and cries along with me. I can feel his tears rolling down my neck.
"Then give your heart to me. I'll safeguard it for you, I'll cherish and protect it. You will no longer be down in pain," we then break apart and he looks at me, his eyes so assuring and his voice tender.
Give my heart to him? What about my desires? What I want? If I give it to him, my life won't be my own anymore.
I look away because I knew that he knew what I was thinking. He could see through my thoughts and my feelings.
Reaching into my chest, I tear my whole heart out, hands full of blood. I looked at it for one last time.
"Here's my heart. Have it," I place the red organ into his hands gently.
The man takes my heart into his hands, looks at me and then hugs me tight.
"I love you, Carissa," he whispers into my ear as we both cry.
I cried harder and harder, almost wailing. I could feel him crying too.
"I love you too," I said,through my tears.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------



0 comments: