Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dear Amachi

Yesterday we had a celebration for my grandmother since it was her birthday. We went to a chinese restaurant-the asam fish was super nice! and then went home to cut the cake. My grandmother is one person I really look up to.

Come on lah, how many ladies you know were forced to leave their homeland because she had to marry at 18-to a man she did not know (my grandfather)? And then cope in a foreign country with no friends and 5 kids? WOW. FYI, my grandmother is from India.


My grandmother cutting her 'MAMA' cake. HEHEH. It was funny to see the mama on the cake because well, we don't call her mama. At least I don't.


The 'mama' cake. Looks like it had a bumpy ride on the way to the house. :P


Prayer of blessing for my grandmother. My mom, being the only daughter, prayed for her.
Dear Amachi,
I know you have probably not heard about the internet, but I just want to say that I love you so much and thank you for playing a part in my upbringing. I know I can be quite a handful when it comes to my diet, but you're my motivation for me to drop a few pounds :P
Thank you for always giving me hugs and love.
You're the hero of my life after seeing what you have been through.
I LOVE YOU.
Sorry amachi, but I'm too young to get married so I hope that there will be no suitors from India for me. ( hehe, just joking! )
Your elderst granddaughter,
CARISSA



0 comments: