Sunday, April 12, 2009

Looks can kill your imagination!

Movies can really destroy your imagination!
It's so "stress gile" (as Sonia will say) to see something or someone that really destroys the image printed in your mind.

Take Mr. Darcy, for example. When I read P&P ( too lazy to spell it out), I really imagined him to be tall and super handsome, with dark hair and dark eyes. Then the movie adaptation came out and I was like "Aww man! This ain't Mr. Darcy!". He was so penyakit-looking and had hunched shoulders, ugh! I didn't like it.

Then came Narnia, the second installation. When I read Prince Caspian, I imagined him to be a young 12-year-old ( who, mind you, had no sort of romance with anyone! ) with Joshua Ching's height and you know, kiddish. The movie came out and he was hot! I was like "WHY???????????????????????????". It totally killed my imagination. ( Although my sister didn't think so, cause she fell in LOVE with Ben Barnes at first sight!)
The worse part, "Prince Caspian" had to just fall for Susan. EEEIIISHHH!!!

But the worst would have to be Twilight. Rob Pattinson is so not hot! And I repeat, SO NOT HOT!!!! I imagined Edward Cullen to be super hot and utterly handsome because thats how Meyer potrayed him to be.
And when I saw that joker's face on the screen, I was like, EWWWWWW....
I don't understand why you girls especially love Twilight so much!
Firstly, its lame and it potrays the weakness of women
" Oh I can't live without him" and all those nonsense!!
No offence, but I'm not much of a romantic.

My ideal date would probably be reading in an enchanted garden with my beloved or composing pieces of literature on the beach with my beloved
Ha, I guess thats just me.

Don't know where I'm gonna find a guy like that!
Which is why I think I'll probably die an old maid.

HAHA, anyway. I give you a tip.
Read the book before you watch the movie, explore what your mind can do.

:P

1 comments:

Josiah.Ching said...

Totally agree with you on this. Hollywood or TV remakes of a book usually 'pulverises' a book. Not to mention it hinders one's imagination too.