Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hymns and Spiritual songs

My spiritual walk with the Lord has really gone up a new level. Everyday when I have my quiet time, theres always a passage of scripture that will strike me and I know its from the Lord because its so relevant in my life. Because of this new relationship I have with Him, my worship experiences in church have been more meaningful.
Yesterday, after the service, a hymn popped into my head.

"Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" - the chorus part kept playing over and over.
And I felt this wonderful peace. I just wept a bit on my seat. I couldn't help it.




Almost as peaceful as a Rose Garden. If ever I could spend a whole day by myself, it would be in a garden full of roses where I can write my masterpieces and just talk to God like how I would talk to a friend. Well, I hope I'll find this place instead of always seeing it in my dreams. And if I find this place, the first person I'll bring to this place would be ...... "you-know-who". *wink*




I'm trusting the Lord for so many things right now. Firstly, its my career. Deep inside I know I'm called to be a writer. Its just that I don't know how I'm going to get there. My parents are so enthusiastic about me going overseas and getting a scholarship. Its just I don't know if I'll have the grades to match that standard. Plus, part of me wants to go overseas, the other part just wants to stay here.


Its okay, the Lord is sovereign. Its not for me to know the times and seasons that the Lord has put in His authority. ( Acts 1:7). So I'll continue to trust in Him.
I still wonder and worry about the future, but I know that my future is sealed in HIs hands.
Its gonna take a whole bucket of faith.
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of the earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace..."
Helen H. Lemmel, 1922.

0 comments: