Friday, October 9, 2009

The Wait

I stood at the bridge, watching the peaceful flow of the river. My insides burst in anticipation, awaiting his arrival. I glanced down at my big black Bible, feeling every corner and exhaling slowly.
" Dear God, please calm the storm in me. I can't chicken out now"
I breathed in the fresh air and looked at my watch once more.
1.33 pm.
Hearing the sound of foot steps, I glanced sharply to the left, hoping it was him. Nope, it wasn't. I gave a small smile to the passer-by then looked back at the river, the trees and the beautiful flowers that decorated the scenery.
A beautiful Thursday afternoon. A Thursday afternoon that would probably bring about cherished memories and happy smiles. As much as my nerves killed the walls of my stomach, I had to be strong. After all, it was just my best friend, wasn't it? Whats so fearsome about that?
Exhaling slowly for the last time, I looked to my left toward the stairs that led to the bridge.
He was there.
The gymnastics in my stomach accelerated even more.
Then he smiled.


-to be continued-

0 comments: