Tuesday, December 8, 2009

His name is Peter

I'm now reading "Prince Caspian", the fourth book from 'The Chronicles of Narnia'. Just started it last night when I came back after an awesome time with the Pan Mee fellas. The people present were Eugene, Josiah, Joshua, U Shen, U Wyn, Xing Guo, Alie, Sheralyn, Ping, Naveena and her sister and Rach. (did I miss out anyone??).

Anyway, back to Narnia. My favourite character will probably be Peter. He's a born leader and knows how to handle irritating siblings ( like Edmund. Can't that guy learn to watch his tongue??). This is something I have to learn from Peter. Being nice to my sibling cause I can be such a meanie to my sister. Plus, he carefully weighs his decisions before acting on them and is humble enough to seek wisdom and guidance from Aslan. Another thing I need to learn cause I can come across as arrogant and a know-it-all. And he's brave to fight the White Witch until Aslan came to his aid. Oh yeah, and the Wolf also (which was his first battle).

The only exception is that Walden Media kind of destroyed my image of Peter. To a certain degree, I'll say that William Moseley is decent enough to play 'Peter', yet he wasn't what I "saw" in my imagination while reading Narnia. Oh well, James McAvoy really fitted my image of Mr. Tumnus, so I guess Walden Media did a good job on him too.

Now that SPM is over ( YIPPPEEEE!!!!!) I can finally sip a mug of Milo and get lost in the world of Narnia. Oh yeah, and re-create Peter Pan.

Gosh, whats with me and the name 'Peter'???


Note : I'm not going to waste 2 hours of my life watching "New Moon", so don't bother inviting me for it. ( This is my arrogant self speaking! hehehe).

2 comments:

KK said...

wahahaha.

ooh, something with the name peter ey? ;P


missingyou

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Peter the High King!

Re-create Peter Pan?
Did you see this? S'cool.
http://www.peterpansneverworld.com/

BELIEVE!