Saturday, December 19, 2009

Stepping on sand

Sometimes, you've got to keep reminding where you stand on certain issues because they affect your life. Its rather difficult to repress your feelings especially if it concerns the matters of the heart. So, I seem to have strong feelings for this young man. What do I do?
One question I have to keep answering time and time again.

I've tried to keep this question out of the blog because I was afraid people would talk. Well, since its out in the open, I guess it defeats the purpose to hide it anymore, right? Well, I won't be very open yet I'll still be a little open. *confused smile*

I have trouble repressing my feelings. There are days I wish I could confront it straight in the face and say, "Look here, missy. I'm in control, not you!". Because I control my feelings, not the other way round.
Then it hit me.
God is in control. Not me.
"...it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me..." - Gal 2:20


Well, I know there will be days when the feelings will grab a hold on me, but I know God will come through for me. Well, my dad said that God is way higher than my feelings. I'm guilty of placing such high importance on my moods and feelings, probably because I'm a feeler but I the world doesn't revolve around my feelings, so I'm just being so self-absorbed.
And that's not good.


Love is not a feeling, rather a sacrifice and a commitment. I know that God will one day give me a godly affection for this young man and that's when I'll know that I'm ready for a relationship because I finally understand. So, I'll continue to wait on the Lord and continue praying persistently, plus enjoy my single life cause its a gift from the Lord and grow in my relationship with my family and friends.

God will give me the strength to overcome my feelings because I know He'll be there beside me.
I just have to trust in Him.
-True love WAITS! - <3



"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres..."
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 -

1 comments:

æ + | Jessyca | + æ said...

I know who's that young man. hehe^^
Sometimes feelings do take control over you. Btw, what happen to your cbox?