Sunday, July 5, 2009

Deciding what we want : pan mee!!!

Carissa is currently craving Pan Mee!!!!!
HUH, when do I not?


I like how Ben Stein put it in his words "The indispensable first step to getting what you want it this : decide what you want".

Its true, come to think of it. Cause I have noticed people lately (one of my hobbies is noticing and observing humans - that is why I'm considering psychology after Form 5) is that so many of us have lost the zest in life.

Most because everything is like a routine to us.


Just think about it. How many of you actually love life right now? If you do, then cheers! May God enrich the life you are enjoying now. But to those who don't?

I seriously recommend that writing down what we want is the first step.

For instance, myself. I don't know why I'm doing what I'm doing now. But when I wrote down what I wanted, WHAM!

Some things started to make sense.


Decide what you want. Its like being indecisive for a bowl of curry pan mee and soup pan mee (forgive my pan mee cravings, I'm addicted to them). So much time is wasted trying to decide between the two. But when you've already decided what you wanted and go ahead with it, you've suddenly revved up energy and determination to have it.


Of course I'm using pan mee as an analogy and not literally lah.


Like when I wrote down the things I wanted, three of them was:


  1. Scoring 10As in my SPM

  2. Getting a distinction for my Grade 6 piano exam

  3. Pan Mee

You can ignore the third one. But about the first two, I've realised that I've got more motivation to study and add extra 20 minutes to my normal piano practise time...which somehow is motivating me to go further and push harder.


Of course the journey is going to get tough and there are times you wish you could just lie down and roast in bed and do nothing. No harm in doing that! Just don't lose focus and do it too much ( I'm guilty of that! Heh! )


Gosh, I'm sure I must have bored you with all this. Oh well, take it or leave it. Sometimes, I've gotta blog about it to actually believe it.


I'm craving for PAN MEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!



0 comments: