Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Apple of Youth

C.S. Lewis is truly another author that has inspired me besides Jane Austen. I was in my sister's room the other day looking for my scissors that SHE BORROWED AND DID NOT RETURN and came across 'The Chronicles of Narnia' sitting on top of her CD player. I read the first three books two years ago but couldn't continue because of PMR. Then forgot about it until that day.

Despite SPM still going on, I took the book and started reading "The Magician's Nephew". Oh my, I was whisked into a world so beautiful that my imagination was flying off and I felt it was also a learning journey for me to explore how Lewis writes and improve mine as well. Narnia was born out of nothing. Pure Darkness until Aslan sang Narnia into life.

I just finished the first book when my handphone started playing "Remembering You" by Steven Curtis Chapman from 'The Chronicles of Narnia OST'. Just the right time. I've been having so many fresh ideas in my head (and heart) to start writing again so I prepared a special notebook for ideas and random sprinkles of inspiration that I now carry with me wherever I go until SPM is over so I can finally organize my thoughts and work the pen and paper. I really miss writing.

I still miss the nights and 4.00 ams I would spend writing under my Daffy Duck lampstand because my dad doesn't allow us to be up in such uncivilized hours. I also remember the steaming hot chocolate I would carry into my room before I started writing for the next 4 hours. I was such an active writer until SPM knocked on my door.

I can't wait to write my next masterpiece and hopefully continue Peter and Wendy's adventures together in saving Neverland from the evil Captain Hook and see Peter blush over Tiger Lily *miss that moment*


Wouldn't it be nice to write in a place like this??

0 comments: