Tuesday, August 4, 2009

One summer afternoon

I looked out of my window
Only to see the sun smiling down at me
Little did I know that its smile turned upside down
Suddenly noticing the gray clouds with their evil grin

Once the bell rung, I rushed out with excitement
An eerie kind of excitement
Making my insides burst into cartwheels
At the anticipation of seeing you

I saw your smile from afar
That beautiful smile of yours
After a meal we walked to the bridge
Shielded by the trees

We talked for what felt like hours
Laughed in the sunshine
I paused and reached up to pull out the pollen
Feeling the softness of your thick black hair

Enjoying the moment
That seemed like a perfect polaroid frame
Hearing the bark of the canine
Laughing as you made faces at it

We walked along the roads
Showered with flowers, my favourite accessory
Talking and noticing each colour and texture
Feeling its softness on my fingertips

We noticed a pair of green eyes staring at us
My heart leaped in excitement
Watching the enigmatic stare of the feline
Feeling your urge to give it a pat

The pink colour of the hibiscus greeted me
Watching your hand as it pointed to the one at the top
Its red stigma sparkling under the sun
Noticing the blend of your fair skin against its petals

Time passes by when you're having fun
As we walked back to the bridge
I noticed the little doraemon in her car
My heart caught in my chest, terrified

We walked back to the bridge
My heart reluctant to leave you
Wishing this moment could last longer
Yet we continued our conversation

You took off your glasses casually
I couldn't help but notice your brown eyes
As they stared back at me
Hoping I could freeze the perfect picture

My heart felt burdened to leave you
Yet time wouldn't stop for us
We embarked on our journey back
Walking side by side

You stopped once we reached the main road
I looked at you as we said our goodbyes
Wishing I didn't have to leave
Wishing that I could rewind every moment we spent together

Walking back to the gates
I could feel your gaze boring into my back
Sure enough, I saw you walking the opposite road
Like a guardian angel, a blanket of protection

I finally reached the gate
Turning back, hoping you were still there
Indeed, you were
Smiling back at me from the crowd of giggling girls

I smiled back, waving my last wave
And entered the gates
Watching you as you made your way back
Feeling a smile forming in my lips

A beautiful friendship we shared
Probably one of the most significant in this world
Remembering the moment at the bridge
Wishing it would never end


-Inspired by and dedicated to my BFF :D -

0 comments: